Bluestacks restart error

Thanks again!  

Nothing worked? :(

Since you seem to know you way around' date='  before you give up on the current rooted version, be sure to read through the various BS log files in the programdata\bluestacks directory.

BS keeps a ton of log information on what it does or can not do.  I am really curious why you can not get the CoC app shortcut created when it is installed, and wonder if the log might say why it failed?  

My guess is there has to be some issue with the internal Android app data base and BS code linking it into Windows,  so it may not be the BS command line functions but something sinister in the Android side of the puzzle?   BTW - BS is really sneaky and hard to debug internally, if you go looking through the HD-XXXX.exe code, you find it has ELF libraries loaded into Kernel and other DLL's.   Which reminds me, have you added, deleted, or disabled any BS apps in Android app manager?

IDK,

Cheers!

[/quote']

Ok i stopped macro. There will be error in 4-6 hours. If i see something not usual, i will post it here. Nope, didnt deleted or disabled anything just Google Play Games and Coc. Just installed BS recommended version in how to guides and Google Play Games and Coc.

I installed original version of BS on my other computer. It adds shortcuts and they are working. But this cannot point anything. Because they have different processors. This doesnt proof anything.

Edit: Kernel looks like not working right. I found something on logs. I uninstalled Coc and reinstalled again and killed BS to see what is happening. After enabling Core Dumb, BS tried to mount Ext3-fs, Ext4-fs, Ext2-fs two times and fails. Then it creates a virtual drive, names it sdd1 and mounts it as /dev/sdd1.

Cross checked it with original BS on other computer. It mounts Ext3-fs in first try. Checked timestamp when shortcut created, it matches so close. I think i may have found the leak. But first i need to change flat tire :s

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@thedirectorone

BTW - You do not need to wait for the break to create the error condition?

You can simply close BS, then hit start on the bot. It uses the same code to open BS the 1st time as it does after a break.

If it does not open anything you will see it in much less time, and the bot times out in 4 minutes....

Cheers.

@thedirectorone

BTW - You do not need to wait for the break to create the error condition?

You can simply close BS' date=' then hit start on the bot. It uses the same code to open BS the 1st time as it does after a break.

If it does not open anything you will see it in much less time, and the bot times out in 4 minutes....

Cheers.

[/quote']

Same thing just randomly started for me I run 4 bots on VMWare and a couple days ago 1 of mine started doing this. Is there a REASON BS needs to be restarted instead of how it was before? Where it just kept tapping try again.

Just to note since this error started happening I am unable to click or right click bluestacks icon in the tray. It just disappears.

Raptorin:

1) The bot has always closed BS and restarted it. Previous versions used the HD-Restart.exe command to close BS processes/reload them, which failed more than it worked on slow machines/VPS as BS would error out. The current v4.1 now forces BS to close all processes and services (as the slow services close was the problem with HD-Restart.exe). In my debug, the previous restart/hung service issues were all related to Socket IO not responding and BS getting utterly confused and stuck. The socket io issues could have been a slow internet connection or a missed packet ack, regardless BS gave us the same problem without any error messages. Since I can reproduce the current errors, I can not see if we what is causing the problems this time.

2) The start CoC commands have not really changed, we still use the same HD-RunApp.exe command to run CoC, though we have tried several different command line options to load CoC properly. Both the command line options work perfectly on 99.9% of users. With v4.1 we can start CoC & BS at the same time with one command line, as this was not possible before while the old process/service was hung. This was also the reason we had to loop several times through the Restart BS loop to fix it before v4.1.

3) You mentioned that this problem just started happening on 1 VM and not all of them. This raises some more silly questions in my brain:

- The play store has been pushing out a new "Play Games" app, and a new optional CoC update over the past few weeks. There have been a few absolutely weird posts/issues due errors with these updates. We see them every now and then with optional CoC updates. Once users (including me) update to the latest CoC app (and Google Updates), the BS/CoC/Play error messages disappear. I wonder if there is an error in the Android app database with these updates (or SC/Google changed something that is confusing V0.9.24) that is related to why BS fails to create the Apps shortcut and execute the RunApp command properly?

: What it the current revision state of your 4 VM, do they all have auto updates turned on, and the latest updates for Play & CoC?

: If you update Play Games, and CoC does that fix it.

: If you remove/reinstall CoC after updating Google Play Games doe that fix it?

The fact that is just started now, and V4.1 has been released for almost 2 months, is making me think the entire problem is an Android issue, due the latest CoC/Play Games updates? But until I can replicate the issue, have no clue how to fix it. :(

: What it the current revision state of your 4 VM' date=' do they all have auto updates turned on, and the latest updates for Play & CoC?

: If you update Play Games, and CoC does that fix it.

: If you remove/reinstall CoC after updating Google Play Games doe that fix it?[/quote']

Will try these things and get back to you.

So I did all the steps, All my VMWares have up to date Play Games and CoC. I removed clash and re-installed. I also re-installed bluestacks, none of these seemed to fix it.

Bot that doesn't restart: (bs icon just disappears when clicked)

Gm6DW4f.gif

Bot that restarts: (bs menu opens up)

9ArufYE.gif

Also if I try close bs after the restarting error I get this msg:

b47ld6q.png

EDIT: So I made a new VMWare copied the old bot and the bs installer over and installed it, now everything is working again and it restarts correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same problem. I was using the the same 4.1.1 bot for a couple of weeks without any problems and lately I've been getting the same error. This does look like an android/bluestack problem. Hoping someone could come up with a fix for this soon. I'm happy to test anything required to fix this problem.

Here is the last log entries;

2015-08-24 13:32:18 : Your Army Camps are now Full

2015-08-24 13:32:46 : Going to Attack...

2015-08-24 13:32:51 : Attacking disabled' date=' Take-A-Break detected. Exiting CoC

2015-08-24 13:32:54 : Waiting 20 seconds for server logoff

2015-08-24 13:33:32 : Trying to locate Main Screen

2015-08-24 13:33:35 : Please wait for CoC restart......

2015-08-24 13:33:56 : Waiting for Main Screen

2015-08-24 13:38:31 : Unable to load CoC, attempt to fix it...

2015-08-24 13:38:31 : Stopping BlueStacks ....

2015-08-24 13:38:39 : Please wait for full BS shutdown....

2015-08-24 13:39:02 : BS stopped succesfully

2015-08-24 13:39:02 : Visible tray Count: 4

2015-08-24 13:39:02 : Hidden tray Count: 12

2015-08-24 13:39:03 : Starting BlueStacks and Clash Of Clans

2015-08-24 13:39:03 : Please wait while BS/CoC starts....

2015-08-24 13:43:16 : Serious error has occurred, please restart PC and try again

2015-08-24 13:43:17 : BlueStacks refuses to load, waited 253.07 seconds

2015-08-24 13:43:17 : Starting BlueStacks and Clash Of Clans

2015-08-24 13:43:17 : Please wait while BS/CoC starts....

2015-08-24 13:47:30 : Serious error has occurred, please restart PC and try again

2015-08-24 13:47:30 : BlueStacks refuses to load, waited 253.07 seconds

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

BlueStacks App Player 0.9.24.5311 Superuser BSEasy ROOT by @swvr (Recommended)

Already using Visual Studio 2013 that includes Net framework 4.5 and c++ redistributable packages. Both Bluestacks and CGB v4.1.1 working as administrator.

This is happening twice a day.

[/quote']

I had the same problem and finally fixed it. Completely uninstalling bluestacks and installing the latest Bluestacks 0.10.0.4321 did the trick.

I uninstalled the rooted version and installed the original BS. It works. Then uninstalled and reinstall the rooted 5311 version. Same error. When it reaches to townhall to check for  rearm-reload' date=' bot closes coc screen and I get warning controlsend

[/quote']

If you need root. The latest rooted bluestacks is a quick google search away. I'm using it now with no problems. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes' date=' every link is default by setup. There is no other way to start, only "Start Bluestacks". BS not putting shortcuts of apps into Apps folder. So Apps directory is empty. Like I said I created shortcut for CoC, and start logging system reserves. When i start new shortcut its work take 0.27 seconds and 7,62 kb of memory. Finally produced nothing. Im not at home right now. I will try it in a few hours

And if you want i can prepare you a remote desktop connection to see it with your own eyes.

[/quote']

hello i wanna ask how you created shortcut for CoC thankyou!!