Match making also depends on th level?

Hey guys

Hopefully this isn't the wrong section...

Anyway I decided to do a bit of a trophy push on my th6 to crystal, and noticed from the bot logs that I never cross any th9 or 10s... Ever... (1000s of searches...)

However on my th9, in gold 2, same trophy count amount I see plenty of them, nearly every new attack is 8+

I read on the supercell forums that matchmaking solely depends on trophies, are we being lied to??

I might be missing something, was hoping somone could clear this up for me^^

Hey guys

Hopefully this isn't the wrong section...

Anyway I decided to do a bit of a trophy push on my th6 to crystal' date=' and noticed from the bot logs that I never cross any th9 or 10s... Ever... (1000s of searches...)

However on my th9, in gold 2, same trophy count amount I see plenty of them, nearly every new attack is 8+

I read on the supercell forums that matchmaking solely depends on trophies, are we being lied to??

I might be missing something, was hoping somone could clear this up for me^^

[/quote']

A new matchmaking system was implemented months ago (May/April) so yes, Town Hall level is going to matter too. You'll find pushing to hard as you are already. There are more in depth explanations around different sites.

Here is one for instance by Supercell Staff: http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/641111

Yes.

The matchmaking attempts to limit the search to +/- 2 TH levels of your TH level.

I have observed some weirdness in the search pattern as well.

For the 1st 10 searches it tries to stay in range of +/-100 trophy of your trophy level and might give you a TH +/- 3 levels from yours in the 1st 10 matches.

My guess on this behavior is when the match base is close to , or well above your trophy level you get more trophy for the attack win. So they are trying to offer some higher value wins if you are attacking based on trophy level. But after 10 searches it is always +/- 2 levels.

FWIW - I wrote some test code to reset the search every 10 bases, hoping I could get access to more exposed TH by adding the extra TH level to the search range. But after 2 days of testing, it didn't work. I swear that SC was filtering the exposed TH out of the 1st 10 matches, as I ran out of gold as I found only a couple exposed TH looking at only the 1st 10 matches. Also learned from the data that I was never matched with more than 2-3 bases with TH 3 levels away from mine, the other 7-8 matches were always +/- 2 levels.

Hope this helps!