Can You Hack This!? 🤯 Beginner Challenge

• MyBot Developer

Hey Everyone!

Have you ever wanted to try hacking? 🤯

WELL TODAY I HAVE A FUN CHALLENGE FOR YOU!! 🙂 

👇 👇       

Challenge Goal(s):

• Bypass Vulnerable.exe login system!!
  • Potentially retrieve all users and passwords. (not real people) I am working towards this now, as I am learning too. SO THIS GOAL IS A MAYBE.

Description:

• Below I have included 2 programs; Vulnerable.exe and Exploited.exe

• Vulnerable.exe is a simple program that will ask you for a name and password to "login"
    • There is nothing to login to, the program just ends if the credentials are valid.

image.png.871220bccf782383bf2084924216ead4.png

• Vulnerable.exe is flawed, and it is possible to "hack" the program such that the user name and password do not matter.

• Exploited.exe is the modified executable I made to bypass the login system on this app.
    • As you can see I did not put Greg as the user name, but my guess is that is one of the hardcoded users. (This is a beginner programming assignment I found and figured would be hackable)

image.png.405d76d4cae5085a05af07c7fd61672e.png

• I included Exploited.exe just so that anyone can have it as a reference. But it is not needed in order to hack Vulnerable.exe

Basically this is just a fun challenge. I wanted to supply an easy to hack program for beginners (that we do not already know the source code to cheat from), and hopefully some people can have fun. 🍻

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/evkmkogzqgwpax1/ChallengePrograms.zip/file

I have not read the source code myself either, so I do not know all the users or there passwords. But I am working to hack that out next before reading the source!! 😁 Any question or concerns, please respond on this thread.

NOTE: I will not be including the source code, but I do have it if anyone is concerned. The source is excluded in order to take a beginner level hacking situation and make it somewhat more realistic. Vulnerable.exe is an entry level college application that simply takes user data and prints if it is a registered user, if not it quits after a few tries.

Vulnerable.exe Exploited.exe

Edited by Chilly-Chill
  • Like 1
  • Chilly-Chill changed the title to Can You Hack This!? 🤯 Beginner Challenge
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...