How to start the bot automatically everytime you boot your PC! [Advanced guide]

How to start the bot everytime you boot your PC! [Advanced guide]

In this guide, I´ll show you how to let the bot start everytime you boot your computer.
This is an advanced tutorial, but it may look way more difficult than it actually is.

1) First of all you need to create a folder somewhere where it doesnt disturb you.
!! You cannot change the directory of the folder later !!

Now create a .txt file. I suggest using the same filenames as I do, because it can get quite confusing with the filenames later on.

MTzbRr9.png

2) 

In this .txt file you are going to start the bots. There are commands for this, it works like this:

(without all ")> 

start "PATH OF MBR EXE" "BOT PROFILE NAME" "EMULATOR NAME" "A RANDOM NAME"
exit0

It should look like this at the end:
start C:\Users\mariu\Desktop\mbr\MyBot.run.exe GiwibarbRh9 BlueStacks Bot1
exit0

For further informations and in case you want to start multiple bots visit this thread from @Fliegerfaust:

3) Now save the finished MBR.txt as MBR.bat and execute it to see if you made any mistakes.
If the bot starts and everything works, you're good.

fdlBW67.png2Z0jatO.png

4) Create a shortcut of the MBR.bat file and change the visibility of the shortcut to minimized in properties>Shortcut.

P93Iamq.png

coJAnkf.png

F4g6bfK.png

You could now just put the shortcut into the startup folder but then you would be prompted with this:

yWWt0Ep.jpg

Thats not what we want, but don't worry, there is an easy workaround! 

Open Task Scheduler and click on Action>Create Task.

UAjMpUn.png

WpZbSOi.png

Choose a name, !! Tick "run with highest privileges" and choose your OS !!

iCqC5Q8.png

In the "Actions"-Tab click on "New", select "Start a program" and choose the SHORTCUT of the MBR.bat!
Click "Ok" and leave everthing else blank.

xMcaFim.png

!!! If you are a Laptop user, untick "Start the task only if the computer is on AC power... in the Conditions Tab"

Now go into your folder and create yet another shortcut. (I know it's alot of shortcuts)

6eSc8T6.png

In here you need to paste this:

schtasks /run /tn "NAME OF THE SHORTCUT OF YOUR BAT"

If you used the same names as I did:
schtasks /run /tn "runMBR" (with the quotation marks)

Click "Next" and give it a random name. (doesn't matter)
Now we're pretty much done. 

b9CpUXP.png

Press [Windows] + [R] and type in "shell:startup".

A new folder will open, just drag the newly created shortcut in there. (It's the one without an icon!)
Double click on the Shortcut, your bot should now load up. If not its either because you did something wrong or because of your OS (Only tested on Win10)

If it works on other OS please tell me!
That's it! If you start your computer the bot should now load without asking for admin-rights.
This can take up to 10 secs after you login depending on how fast your computer is.

When you update the bot, rename the old bot folder and give the new folder the same name as the old one had. Make sure its in the same direcory and the MBR.exe has the same name as the old one!

I hope this helped, feel free to point out any grammar-mistakes I made. (Bc I propaply made alot.)

Edited by mariusisgone
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

the last step to create a shortcut for the task without the icon does not seem to exist in windows7. is that true? how can i solve this instead?

now that i implemented this it becomes obvious that this starts the bot only once i log in to my account. I would like to start it when the computer boots up and sits there before anyone logs in.

how can i do that?

i tried to choose the task option "when the computer is started", but it seemed to quit right away. any way to have it run automatically when the computer is switched on?

• 1 month later...

i followed your guide on windows7, and the .bat file that you had me create is executed. I know, because i added debug output to it, redirecting simple text output into a debug file. However the bot itself is not started. Where can i find the debug output of the bot to check why it didnt run fully? I dont see any windows opening but the harddisk is working - so i suspect something goes on briefly. 

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Kaspar Hauser:

i followed your guide on windows7, and the .bat file that you had me create is executed. I know, because i added debug output to it, redirecting simple text output into a debug file. However the bot itself is not started. Where can i find the debug output of the bot to check why it didnt run fully? I dont see any windows opening but the harddisk is working - so i suspect something goes on briefly. 

i created the "EnableMBRDebug.txt" file in order to enable debugging, but i dont see any special output. it appears that the "SwitchAccLog-2019-01.log" file got a new entry but it just is a line with the timestamp and "==== SwitchAcc Log ===".  That means that the bot comes alive for a short while and then dies again silently. Why could that be?

is there any more output? 

in my bat file that i use to start the bot i run the autoit files of the bot. I see that there are several such .au3 files. is one of them better suited for being run in this mode, perhaps?

what is the purpose of that? would it give me more debug output then before? or is this the way of running mybot.run as a task from the scheduler?

what does "-a" do?

it seems -a prevents mybot.run.exe from forking into the background and forces it to stay in the foreground. is that the intention?

anyway, that prevents the second bot from starting, and it does not make the bot startup correctly. it just hangs, without a creating a window. 

I admire your method, but there are more simple ways to get there
  You can use this software Auto PowerOn andShutDown 2.8
This software has the ability to automatically turn on the computer at a specified time
As well as running any program automatically after the computer is turned on