ediners

How is bot currently works with Nox

I believe you can find, download, and install the Nox Android Emulator here: https://en.bignox.com/

Some hints about switching over to Nox:

1. As suggested by another, get your first instance set up and working before cloning more.  Be sure that you create your first instance using the Android 5.1 option in the MIM !  Do this by clicking the blue "Add emulator" button at the bottom and select "New Emulator-Android5.1".

2. Create a shortcut from Multi-Instance Manager (MIM).  Right click on it, and open the properties screen.  At the end is a "-clone:Nox_4" option.  That "Nox_4" (in this example) is the instance number you need to use.

3. Start the instance from the MIM and connect it to your correct account.  (Use GooglePlay and log in with the credentials you used when you created the account.  Go to the CoC settings screen and DISCONNECT and CONNECT to get the right base connected to that window.)

4. Try starting MBR from a DOS box command line like:

C:\Users\Bob\Desktop\Clash\MyBot-MBR_v7.3.2\mybot.run.exe {profilename} Nox Nox_4

Here I used the same instance number example, Nox_4.  You MUST get this instance number field right.  The profile name needs to match the one suited to your base.  Obviously your path name to MBR will be different than mine.

5. You can rename the row in the MIM to anything you like.  I use the instance name and Base as "Nox_4 MyBaseName" to make it easy to invoke the right base manually later.

6. Use the Settings button on that row of the MIM and set to use "Low" performance, custom screen resolution  of 860x732 DPI=160.  Set DirectX rendering, and you need one of the Virtual buttons (home, recent, back). Set FPS=20.  Save settings.

7. Repeat this laborious process for all of your instances, but start by copying the instance that you set up and already have working.  This saves you a lot of time.  You can move them around in the MIM display if you want to re-sort them.  That won't affect the instance name.

8. @cosoteprovided this command in case you want to dump the MIM's list of instances:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Bignox\BigNoxVM\RT\BigNoxVMMgr.exe" list vms

This provides you the set of instances, but might be in a different order than the MIM display.  Create the shotcut if you loose track of the association of instance numbers and rows in the MIM display.

I tried playing with the memory on Nox.  I tried setting to custom sizes of 512 MB, 640 MB, and 768 MB.  None of them worked.  So I went back to 1024 (Low setting) and have good and stable results.

Edited by HArchH
Sharing some experience

Lollipop, Android 5.1, will be first time supported in 7.3.2 release. Hope it will run fine - though some system messages might not be detected yet.

Stay tuned - Cosote.

Edited by cosote

Hi there,

Just tried to move to Nox, 
got this : unknown.png

Don't know, I have selected both on the bot and on Nox the DirectX option .... 
Edit : Fixed if I run first Nox then start the bot .... 

Another trouble I have he does try to unzoom, do it, then restart coc  and reset the zoom, removed any obstacle and so on ....image.png.3f4614573c1b04dd473a102c67757749.png

Edit 2 : May I should try to create a new profile in MBR, different from the one I used with MEmu, because if I skip back to MEmu everything seems working good!

Edited by Infy

Found the major problem due to windows forcing apps to a size due to taskbar.

must Auto Hide taskbar. Via Windows Settings

So far ive simply got it to dock n actually boot the game. before posting this.

this is a problem with nox & windows. and how its ment to run (due to not wanting the "screen" space hidden under the Taskbar)

--------------------------------- old info below. new info above:  Edit 3 -----------------------------------------

2nd edit: First off i should state im using driextX not ADB

same issues as above.

the side bar keeps messing it up i do believe.

tho thats just under speculation

as ive noticed the side bar being about 2-3 inches away from the actual emulator.

also when it starts nox it starts and resizes the screen. but side bar pops up and resizing happens over n over

edit:

also when it resizes window it swipes to the left. so home screen will be on page 2 rather then 1.

Edited by Derex
Found the real issue. Windows Taskbar needs to be autohide

How can I find all these Nox instance names and remove or rename them?

I know we can change the instance name in config.ini in bot profile folder, but I want to rename or change them totally.

Annotation 2019-04-07 122728.jpg

Edited by SaidJan

4 hours ago, SaidJan said:

How can I find all these Nox instance names and remove or rename them?

I know we can change the instance name in config.ini in bot profile folder, but I want to rename or change them totally.

Annotation 2019-04-07 122728.jpg

Use the Nox "Multi-Drive".  There should be an icon for it on your desktop.  You can't "rename" the instance names, but you can find them.  The top one is "Nox".  Assuming there are not gaps, the next one is Nox_1.  Then Nox_2.  If you press the "Create Shortcut" button you can look at the shortcut properties and see the correct Nox instance name (if you are not sure).  Create the short cut, then right-click on it.  Select "Properties".  You will see the Target name like ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Nox\bin\Nox.exe" -clone:Nox_4".  There is the instance name at the very end there...Nox_4 in my case.

Once I am sure of the Nox instance names for each entry in the Nox multi-instance manager, I rename them to the Instance name followed by something meaningful.  Like "Nox_4 GMail-Name" or something useful that helps me keep all 16 of the straight.

Be sure to start your MBR profiles using the fully specified command line: "mybot.run.exe {ProfileName} {EmulatorBrand} {InstanceName}".  I've never actually seen it "walk down" a list of Nox instance names like your picture is showing.  I always use fully specified command lines.

As a bonus, I always run the .au3 file instead of the .exe so that I get better crash information.  I also run without the watchdog so that when a crash happens I have a chance to notice it later.  But we'll leave those steps for later to avoid confusing anyone here...  :)

Edited by HArchH
A bit more information....
  • Upvote 1