Sign in to follow this  
msh2050

Improve MEMU performance

Improve MEMU performance

I tried many android emulators all of them have lag and performance issue even with MEMU.

Finally I made these configurations that make my MEMU perform like rocket even with reduced CPU cap...

Please note that my laptop has (cor-i7 processor , 8GB ram , 250 GB SSD) you may need to change some configurations for your case..

1- Enable Hardware Virtualization: do as in this link How to Enable Hardware Virtualization

2- Configure CPU and Memory :  How to Configure CPU and Memory in MEmu. For me 1 cpu and 1024 ram is working perfect.

3- Add MEmuHyperv Tool (you will need them for more tuning of the VM ) : MEmuHyperv Tool

4- Change Graphics from Quality to Performance(this is very important): How to Change Graphics from Quality to Performance

5- Fix Hardware Assistant Virtualization Conflict (critical for performance you will have lag and so many issues because of this) : How to Fix Hardware Assistant Virtualization Conflict

6- If you are using Avast (like me:)) this is will effect like above (may be you need to check for other antivirus/apps that will consume the virtualization): How to Solve VT Disabled Warning from AVAST

7- Switch to Discrete Graphics: How to Switch Integrated and Discrete Graphics

8- If you want to prevent MEMU form using more cpu you can use MEmuHyperv to change execution cap (for me I'm using 60% and it is perfect)

decrease it till you found the game start to become slow and lagging...How and why to change the execution cap for a virtual machine in VirtualBox manager

9- finally It is very much better to install MEMU on your SSD drive (note that MEMU installed on drive D by default) for me C is the only SSD I use it for faster widows and applications.

edit:

10- increase VirtualMemory: How to manage Windows 10 Virtual Memory

11- thanks to @monkeyhunter I exclude the virtual disk files from virus scanning  (sorry there is no dedicated beginner  link but you can just google "exclude  Virtual Disk files from AV software".

For best performance, must exclude the emulator Virtual Disk files from AV software!

For more Details about lagging due AntiVirus (AV) Software

Edited by msh2050
adding monkeyhunter note..
  • Upvote 6

Hmm something doesn't sound right.

You have a core i7/8gb/ssd drive and your experiencing lag?

I'm using a much slower/older laptop and experience zero lag using win10 & BS + 2 vmware's of tiny7 running BS (3 bots at once)

Dear @cat

I think you make your laptop dedicated for the bot only... (and I'm sure the fan is screaming to cool the cpu)

no antivirus, no other program ...

for me I use this laptop for development and general uses.. So the main cause if the lagging is the antivirus...

before the settings that I mention the bot and emulator consume 40-50% of cpu but now It drop to half...

by the way please check the points it can increase the performance of your current system...

regard

Edited by msh2050
some corrections in spelling

Setting up Memu properly is important. :thumbsup:

The hidden virtualization settings are major issue for many users. :( 

Memu performance is very sensitive to GPU hardware/drivers, and this another optimization many overlook. :( 

But as you posted, Anti-Virus software can be BIG problem! :(

But I think you missed one important point:

For best performance, must exclude the emulator Virtual Disk files from AV software!

AV software is constantly scanning files accessed in real time.  These files are large ~2-20GB files always open, always in use, every change being scanned, and even when using SSD lag can be measurable problem.

Anyone using mechanical drive will easily see the delays created by AV scanning of emulator "disk" files.

PS - Develop staff opinion: If you do not change AVAST virtualization, GPU settings, and exclude emulator + Bot files from scanning >> AVAST is not compatible with MBR/Emulator use. 

And this is not just Memu, It forces lag into every supported emulator! 

MBR is not only one with AVAST problems.  It is very intrusive AV program creating issues for many programs.  Use another AV program and many lag problems disappear. 

Thanks for supporting your community!

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2017 at 10:01 PM, msh2050 said:

Dear @cat

I think you make your laptop dedicated for the bot only... (and I'm sure the fan is screaming to cool the cpu)

no antivirus, no other program ...

for me I use this laptop for development and general uses.. So the main cause if the lagging is the antivirus...

before the settings that I mention the bot and emulator consume 40-50% of cpu but now It drop to half...

by the way please check the points it can increase the performance of your current system...

regard

Most definitely not dedicated to bot only, and the only fan to spin up is the video card fan...  and that when i'm streaming videos, plenty of other programs running and actually even vmware running tiny7 under win10.

Maybe your fans are dirty, in the past I've seen mine spin up and never cool down until I blew them out with air.

Also disabling speedstep and allowing the CPU to run at 100% all the time helped.

Must be like hunter said, difference in video cards.

• Upvote 1

On 05.05.2017 at 7:18 AM, monkeyhunter said:

Setting up Memu properly is important. :thumbsup:

The hidden virtualization settings are major issue for many users. :( 

Memu performance is very sensitive to GPU hardware/drivers, and this another optimization many overlook. :( 

But as you posted, Anti-Virus software can be BIG problem! :(

But I think you missed one important point:

AV software is constantly scanning files accessed in real time.  These files are large ~2-20GB files always open, always in use, every change being scanned, and even when using SSD lag can be measurable problem.

Anyone using mechanical drive will easily see the delays created by AV scanning of emulator "disk" files.

PS - Develop staff opinion: If you do not change AVAST virtualization, GPU settings, and exclude emulator + Bot files from scanning >> AVAST is not compatible with MBR/Emulator use. 

And this is not just Memu, It forces lag into every supported emulator! 

MBR is not only one with AVAST problems.  It is very intrusive AV program creating issues for many programs.  Use another AV program and many lag problems disappear. 

Thanks for supporting your community!

Any tutorial about those Avast settings? I would like to change.

1 hour ago, Forevin said:

HI i have a i7 6700hq and a geforce gtx 950m and my memu is realy laggy can you help me?

did you make all the points?? mainly the no.1 and no.4

Edited by msh2050

On 5/4/2017 at 11:18 PM, monkeyhunter said:

Can you elaborate on how to do this?  Not sure which files and where... do you just exclude the whole microvirt folder?  thanks in advance!!!

12 hours ago, WarMagic00001 said:

Can you elaborate on how to do this?  Not sure which files and where... do you just exclude the whole microvirt folder?  thanks in advance!!!

Yes, can be!