Sign in to follow this  
leatherneck6017

[CSV MOD][9.256.8 October 14, 2017] Remove Texts, Remove Wall Animation

[Update Oct. 15, 2017] Supercell made a major change to the file structure that affects the texts.csv file. See updated instructions.

[Update Dec. 19, 2016] I will no longer provide low GFX versions of client_globals.csv. Supercell has added many of them to the list.

Credit to @rumbla for laying the groundwork which allowed me to figure out how to decode the newest CSV files. He hasn't been to the forums in almost 2 months, so I'm thinking the original will not be updated. I took the time to edit the stock SC files, but without @rumbla I wouldn't have known where to start.

Now... for the sake of time and ease, I'm going to copy his OP. All credit for it to him.

WARNING!

As with anything, including using a bot, using these modded files may result in a ban.

WARNING!

Requirements:

In order to use this mod you need a "rooted" device/emulator and a root_explorer app.

Installation procedure:

• Download the zip file
  • Extract the content where you please
  • Turn on your rooted device/emulator
  • Somehow upload the extracted files to your device/emulator
  • Start your root explorer app
  • Navigate to "/data/data/com.supercell.clashofclans/"
  • Copy "client_globals.csv" to "/data/data/com.supercell.clashofclans/update/csv/"
  • Copy all of the files in "localization" (or just texts.csv for English only) to "/data/data/com.supercell.clashofclans/update/localization/"
  • Make sure these directories and the files inside are "browsable/readable" by the "com.supercell.clashofclans" user
  • ???
  • Profit

Example Directories permissions:

http://imgur.com/a/0siBD

Example File permissions:

http://imgur.com/a/aTpDi

Changelog

Spoiler
  • October 14, 2017: major change to file structure READ UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS; update to game version 9.254.8
  • October 11, 2017: update to game version 9.256.4

About Lollipop/Marshmallow/Nougat installation:

Spoiler

This only applies for client_globals.csv; texts.csv has no issues.

When installing this Mod on Lollipop/Marshmallow/Nougat one more step is required.
These Android versions, most likely, have SELinux rules in place, so we need to deal with these.

Android Lollipop/Marshmallow [5.x or 6.x] Install "SELinuxModeChanger" and set the SELinux default permission to "Permissive".

Android Nougat [7.x] For the time being SELinuxModeChanger does not work on the latest version of Android.  For now go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66371718&postcount=7. If you run a custom recovery on your phone like TWRP, you can download a zip file to flash on your phone that will keep SELinux in permissive mode.

If wall animations still exist after replacing "client_globals.csv" go back to the "csv" directory in the CoC app and change the permissions again to RWX for all files.

client_globals.csv will give you:

Spoiler
  • No Wall-Animations

texts.csv will give you:

Spoiler
  • No "CONFIRM" text needed switching account (all languages).
  • Removed Attack-Bottom-Text
  • Removed Attack-RedTexts-AlertMessages
  • Removed Attack-Texts-OpponentShield
  • Removed Village-Texts-AlertFullStorages
  • Removed Queue Full messages
  • Removed Storage Full messages

Remember. You can decide which file you're going to use. Each file can work on its own.

DOWNLOAD

https://github.com/leatherneck6017/leatherCSVmod/archive/9.256.8.zip

Edited by leatherneck6017
added other language's
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 15