monkeyhunter

[Guide] Fix Android Emulator Graphics Display Issues (Black buildings, missing/black troops in Bluestacks, etc)

There is only 1 reason:

Android game CoC has graphics display problems after it has been running successfully for awhile and/or

Android emulator display is completely Black when first started   and/or

Android emulator has black squares/blobs where buildings or troops are supposed to be:

Not enough memory available inside Android emulator OS to render the display!!!

There are several items that can create these "out of memory" problems:

1) You have OLD graphics drivers.  Intel internal HD graphics and Nvidia GPU have most problems reported.  You must have the latest hardware drivers for your GPU.  If using Intel HD graphics, then must have latest motherboard chip set drivers downloaded directly from Intel site also.  Sometimes updating drivers will completely fix the display issue and do not need make any further changes. (see possible problem #2)

2) PC has limited resources.  Any PC with less than 4GB RAM AND 1GB video RAM (on separate GPU card) may experience this issue.  PC with Internal GPU usually see this problem more frequently due a portion of system RAM is allocated to GPU and you have less RAM available for programs.

Solution:  Edit the maximum RAM setting inside emulator to 500MB.  Editing BS RAM value is shown here: https://mybot.run/forums/index.php?/topic/15222-tutorial-how-to-mod-bluestacks/  Memu users need to edit settings in Memu control pane

3) Bot version you are use has memory leak.   There were several issues with improper use of _screecapture2() in V5 code, that were fixed in V5.3.  There are still some MOD bots using this bugged code (problem was constantly increasing GDI handle counts in system due improper deletion of no longer used memory).  There are some MOD authors even creating new code with new memory leaks.   Note - Users with more than 6-8GB of free memory, may not witness the memory leak for several days or week+ of running bugged code, so MOD author that is constantly closing and restarting his bot may never see the problem and know to fix it.

Solution: Use the latest original developer release.

4) Emulator Bug.  Emulators are programs written by humans, that can have bugs.  Some emulator bugs are configuration dependent (CPU type/GPU type/BIOS/drivers/etc).  If you are using an Android emulator inside a simulated OS (such as a rented Virtual Private Server, or Virtual Machine like VmWare Player), there is an extra layer of software between emulator and your PC.  This extra translation layer can create bugs/issues, and these can be configuration dependent also.  Example - I have one 7+ year old Intel Quad Core PC with an old Nvidia 400 series GPU that has memory leaks in BS when inside a VM, but normal instance in OS has no issues.  Another PC of same type/vintage has a Radeon GPU and has no problems?  All of these "emulator" memory leaks are very difficult to diagnose.  Only solution is to try a different configurations (hardware/software), or a different version of your favorite emulator, or a different emulator.  This special sub-forum has discussion on emulator options.

If none of the above is your problem?   Sorry was unable to help.

Try Google? They have thousands of links to different solutions for solving graphics display issues in Bluestacks, and a few hundred for Memu/Droid4x.

Miscellaneous Additional Notes:

Occasionally, some COC or emulator software versions have more sensitivity to low memory conditions:

Not ALL versions of SC or emulator release work properly with MyBot.run.  SC is constantly pushing non-mandatory updates.  Android emulator software is constantly being updated.  Developers do best they can to adapt to changes, but some versions may have weird unexplained problems without a solution.  MyBot.run staff gets the new software the exact same time you do.  Hence, the very latest updated version of XXX not work without changes to bot code.  So do not update versions without checking forums.   Suggest everyone turn off automatic updates for CoC in Google Play Store.   If you are having issues with Bluestacks; please use one of these recommended versions where we have most experience and know they work!

Black Screen and Windows Server OS Issues:

Windows Server OS do not natively support required OpenGL v2.0+ graphics libraries for Bluestacks to work properly.  Windows Server 2008 will not run any Android emulators without a video card installed (that supports OpenGL).  Windows Server 2012 requires either a video card, or that Hyper-V graphics emulation be installed in server OS.  These server OS are most commonly found when using an VPS, and this OpenGL support issue only impact a very small number of users in community. You can use a freeware tool called OpenGLViewer from RealTech-VR to check if your OS is capable of supporting BS emulator.  If you try to run Android emulator inside a Hyper-VM session on Windows server or Win 10, it might load; but you get similar unsolvable graphics issues due next item below. 

Black Screen and Virtual Machine (VM) or Virtual Private Server (VPS) Issues:

Most all the virtual box based emulators (Memu/Droid4x) will not run inside a shared VPS/VM environment.  This is because you are attempting to run a virtual machine (Android Emulator) inside another virtual machine (VPS).  Besides BS, only one supported virtual box emulator (NOX - worst performing) is able to run inside an VM, due to it supporting use of Directx graphics drivers in VM, and supporting OpenGL based Android apps in emulator. It is not a recommended emulator, but it is only other one that runs inside a VM/VPS.

How to troubleshoot these memory leak issues: (edit -added Feb 2017)

Assuming you are knowledgeable on PC technology and software, it is possible to learn more about your memory leak issues. Most of development team uses "Process Hacker 2" tool as task manager to watch PC operation when tracing these issues.  It helps to isolate where the memory leak happens (emulator or bot), and gain an idea of what emulator/Bot is doing at exact time that memory space grows.  What we usually see is the emulator (HD-Frontend.exe for BS), or the AutoIt process running the MyBot.run.au3 file has resource requirements slowly grow.  The resources should be stable.  Meaning after ~30 minutes of operation; the resources used should stay about same forever.  If you find the memory, or GDI handle counts growing forever; then you found a leak.  Once you have the leak, things get much more technical quickly.  Average person can only try switching hardware/software components to fix.   If you are knowledgeable in AutoIt, you can start adding debug code to help isolate where the leak is being created, and maybe develop fixes.  Note - This can take weeks/months to find these leaks, and test fixes. Some leaks inside emulator programs, can not be solved by you.

Bot On!

Edited by monkeyhunter
Added how to troubleshoot
  • Upvote 5

Nice post @cosote 

I'm using a dual core with 6 GB of RAM VPS, which had some of these errors you told (black blocks on the screen)

I edited the registry and surprisingly the default (decimal) value set was 1836 MB.

I put to 1500 MB hope it stays better.

When  put 1024 BS stayed pretty laggy, so i decided to test the 1/4 of my memory (1/4 of 6: 1,5) and will see how many time it works without these black errors.

Note: From my brief experience botting via vps (about 10 months) i know: Windows 2008 server (as mentioned) as well as win 7 don't work (at least for me didn't word).

The windows server 2012 always worked for me, remembering to use the minimum configs: 2GB of RAM and a dual core (1.8 minimum per core). 

Ty, Cya, Regards, @micms

Edited by micms

On 7/4/2016 at 5:58 AM, micms said:

Nice post @cosote 

I'm using a dual core with 6 GB of RAM VPS, which had some of these errors you told (black blocks on the screen)

I edited the registry and surprisingly the default (decimal) value set was 1836 MB.

I put to 1500 MB hope it stays better.

When  put 1024 BS stayed pretty laggy, so i decided to test the 1/4 of my memory (1/4 of 6: 1,5) and will see how many time it works without these black errors.

Note: From my brief experience botting via vps (about 10 months) i know: Windows 2008 server (as mentioned) as well as win 7 don't work (at least for me didn't word).

The windows server 2012 always worked for me, remembering to use the minimum configs: 2GB of RAM and a dual core (1.8 minimum per core). 

Ty, Cya, Regards, @micms

Am trying to run mybot on my VPS on vultr.com, my server meets the minimum requirments but every time I start BS it loads for a bit and then closes. Any ideas?

19 horas atrás, markbuttons disse:

Am trying to run mybot on my VPS on vultr.com, my server meets the minimum requirments but every time I start BS it loads for a bit and then closes. Any ideas?

Try this version mate:

The best low resources bluestacks i've used

hello I have this problem on galaxy phone black squares instead of most images yet some games r completely not affected what should I do ? get a new one or this can be fixed please help?

9 hours ago, black squares said:

hello I have this problem on galaxy phone black squares instead of most images yet some games r completely not affected what should I do ? get a new one or this can be fixed please help?

I'm not sure what do you mean of "galaxy phone" my friend, but if you mean devices like Samsung galaxy series with android OS, this is not about these hardwares.