Sign in to follow this  
monkeyhunter

[Tool] Remove BlueStacks Shared Folders & Stop Spam in Taskbar (updated)

18 hours ago, JustLookin said:

If you are not plagued by constant update dialogues could you please post the contents of your [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Updater]

I'm still try to get rid of that dialogue if possible, but at least I can still click "no" once the "Forced" entry has been changed....

Problem is likely that BS has already downloaded the updated version to your PC (thanks to HD-UpdaterService.exe which runs with BS start), and when BS HD-FrontEnd.exe sees the update is available; you get the message?

Suggest you check the Manifest keys in registry to see if new version is showing as available? 

Might also find the new version hiding the %progamdata%\BlueStacks or %programdata%\BlueStacksSetup folders?

Once the keys with upgrade information, or the actual files are gone; you should stop getting update messages.

Another possible fix could be to rename "HD-UpdaterService.exe" to "NO_HD-UpdaterService.exe" so it never runs when BS starts. 

FWIW - Have found that HD-UpdaterService.exe requires significant system resources when first starts and for 1st 10-15 minutes that BS is started. Can reduce start up CPU utilization by 10-20% by renaming that file and preventing it from running as well.  It appears that program is responsible for getting all the BS new app spam from servers, as those messages stop when it is not running. ;)   

On 10/6/2016 at 8:52 PM, micms said:

Does memu have the same 'privacy problem' or not?

Yes. Root level of any shared folder inside Android created by emulator and linked via virtual SD Card can be viewed by apps.

Fortunately, You can disable the shared folders inside the Memu settings and do not need to edit the registry like is required to stop BS folder sharing.

Note: All apps can read directory contents of root folder of SD card. Viewing sub folder contents is determined by read/wrtite access of the individual folders (rwrwrw = owner-system-everyone in directory).  Even on a rooted Android device, apps are not granted full access, unless you approve it during installation.  Most game apps are given system level rw access to all non-security related areas in device, and can be easily blocked from sub folders by changing folder permission to owner level only (rwxxxx).  While it is more complicated to change rw settings inside android SD Card for all possible files, this is also a way stop Android apps from accessing files in SUB-folders and method used my MBR for temp MyBot.run files.  So you do not need to worry MBR files buried inside Memu, but you do have to worry about having MyDocuments folder visibility inside Android, especially if that is where you are storing all your myBot.run folders.

Bot On!

• Upvote 1

6 horas atrás, monkeyhunter disse:

Yes. Root level of any shared folder inside Android created by emulator and linked via virtual SD Card can be viewed by apps.

Fortunately, You can disable the shared folders inside the Memu settings and do not need to edit the registry like is required to stop BS folder sharing.

Note: All apps can read directory contents of root folder of SD card. Viewing sub folder contents is determined by read/wrtite access of the individual folders (rwrwrw = owner-system-everyone in directory).  Even on a rooted Android device, apps are not granted full access, unless you approve it during installation.  Most game apps are given system level rw access to all non-security related areas in device, and can be easily blocked from sub folders by changing folder permission to owner level only (rwxxxx).  While it is more complicated to change rw settings inside android SD Card for all possible files, this is also a way stop Android apps from accessing files in SUB-folders and method used my MBR for temp MyBot.run files.  So you do not need to worry MBR files buried inside Memu, but you do have to worry about having MyDocuments folder visibility inside Android, especially if that is where you are storing all your myBot.run folders.

Bot On!

ty monkey, what about the leapdroid?

One last question mate, how can i disable what u told concerning sd folders accessed by apps?

Il y a 14 heures, monkeyhunter a dit :

Bot On!

Thank you for this explanation.

However, I saw how to change the path of shared folders but I didn't see how to disable these shared folders how you said.

Can you explain, pls?

5 horas atrás, BuBah disse:

Thank you for this explanation.

However, I saw how to change the path of shared folders but I didn't see how to disable these shared folders how you said.

Can you explain, pls?

i checked the coc permissions and realized that it only has the 'Keep Awake' permissions, which belongs to the notifications basically.

That's it hahaha no probs with probs of the app access some system folders, i think...

• Upvote 1

copy text below to note pad and save as a reg file "BlueStacks Registry Security Fix.reg"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Agent\Cloud]
"Host"="https://127.0.0.1"
"Host2"="https://127.0.0.1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Updater]
"ManifestURL"="http://127.0.0.1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Updater\Manifest]
"Version"=""
"MD5"=""
"SHA1"=""
"Size"=""
"URL"="https://127.0.0.1"