Sign in to follow this  
monkeyhunter

[Tool] Remove BlueStacks Shared Folders & Stop Spam in Taskbar (updated)

i have the same problem i used the registry fix and reboot after a while the screen popsout and say tehre is a new version from bluestacks

Edited by killa123123

11 hours ago, reallife0002 said:

this not solved my problem and show again update message

BS appears to have two different update messages:

1) is spam located near system tray BS icon with latest news/information.  They have been using this to warn users for updates..

2) If BS has already spammed your task bar; you may have already downloaded an update package?

If true,  you will need to investigate BlueStacks/Updater branch in registry and remove information in "Manifest" branch under it that tells BS program that update is ready to install.

I have not let any of my BS installations be spammed to point of downloading the update package. 

I installed a fresh copy of v0.10.7 on a PC to see if I can become infected with update package, so maybe i can help others remove it?  Only time will tell if possible. :(

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, habenyamin said:

reg file is good but not working after BS updater is shown massage for upgrad .need some more added in it. work for me now

pls add

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Updater\Manifest]

"Version"=""
"MD5"=""
"Size"=""
"URL"="https://127.0.0.1"

Thanks for sharing, updated file in first post to include this.  :)

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread already (I didn't see it). But if you already have the "forced update" box pop up this current reg fix won't allow you to play.

I updated the following key "Forced" from 1 to 0 in the location to get BS to load again: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Updater]

If you are not plagued by constant update dialogues could you please post the contents of your [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Updater]

I'm still try to get rid of that dialogue if possible, but at least I can still click "no" once the "Forced" entry has been changed....