Sign in to follow this  
monkeyhunter

Random Thoughts on Randomization of MyBot.run functions to reduce risk of latest SC "Fair Play" initiative

Random Thoughts on Randomization of MyBot.run functions to reduce risk of latest SC "Fair Play" initiative:

1) Big Data is everywhere.  SuperCell is using Amazon to host all games (except in China).  Amazon is one of largest "Big Data" companies in world.   Hence, must assume that SC has access to big data, and massive tool set to create/track player game style signatures.  Only question(s) without answer is how much money is SC willing to spend to track actions of farming bots, and ban users. And what are "signatures" or key behavior that are considered Bot like that is used to to find bot users?  Other games have had bot problems in past, and tools like Botwatch for Runscape are examples of what game developers can do to stop use of bots if they invest time/money to stop it. 

2) "Fair Play" initiative is going to give more risk using a Bot than it has in past.  We are entering into a new phase of Bot use for CoC!   Users are likely to be banned for using MBR in higher numbers than past.  I have worked with big data, and human behavioral statistics in real life.  Honestly, there are several pieces of data available that identifies every user of farming bot running inside an emulator.  I will not list them but with these data points, I could make a list of bases to use for a detailed check of suspicious activity.  That is exactly how easy it is to find bots!  So do not ever think you are safe!  If you are not willing to be punished for using a farm bot, then DO NOT USE IT!

2) Individual humans are NOT random. Each person has a game playing style, that defines their thought process and actions inside game.  Gamers tend to have consistent reactions to game events, and only a BOT will be completely random all time!  MBR does not need total randomization, but needs individualized "personal signature" randomization to be more human like.  Creating code that allows personalized game styles is as complex as creating humans!

3) Only an entire population of game users is "pseudo" random.  "pseudo" meaning the entire population will be constrained by game elements and will behave similar with similar game features.  Hence, portions of game playing actions will be bot like or repeatable person to person even without using a bot.  Challenge faced now is to learn which actions are constrained and being ignored (or not collected) for Big Data analysis used to find farm bot users.

4) Randomization of robot game play requires careful understanding of game and process used by people to play game. Cannot randomize code based on what is convenient for programming.  Need to randomize events based on differences in human responses to game events.  This is an area where need to collect data on different game playing styles to enable creation of personalized "random" game play so not all bot users look like same "bot" person playing game.   MBR already has numerous settings to enable random variability, but users may not be thinking about creating random play style or using existing features to create play style similar to how they play game normally.  More education may be required to help users understand how to set up MBR to match their game play style.

There are many areas of existing bot code that could provide more randomization.  One of popular examples last couple days: 

Waiting for creation of troops  or What to do while waiting for troops to train?

Here are some possible options:
- Do nothing and let CoC time out?
- hit screen every couple of minutes to keep alive and avoid "anyone there?" msg?
- Make use of 5 minute grace timer, and log out or allow time out COC for less than 5 minutes?
- Make use shield/guard, and log out or allow time out if protected till troops ready?
- Open chat window and wait for donations ?
- Maybe notify user for manual CHAT/donate time with clan?
- open army overview and check creation status?

- Close CoC and open another SC app?
- all of above?

Hmm:  How long to wait for troop creation?
- Exact time required to create army?
- Wait till guard and/or shield expires?
- Wait random time?   I.E. random time normally controlled by real life ;)

So now that we have all these possible actions:  How to choose which action, when to use each action, and how often to use?

Randomization to create human like behavior is very complex and this is ONLY ONE FUNCTION!

The purpose of this post is simple.  Many users are making all kinds of wacky posts in forums trying make MBR more random and reduce ban risk.  Hopefully this post shows that unless you consider ALL factors surrounding an action in game, your cool new idea may actually make bot action more predictable and easier to detect!

Challenge moving forward is how to create new code that makes bot actions randomly adjustable, and allows for users to customize behavior to mimic his/her style.  This kind of complex code is NOT created in a few hours and added to MBR quickly.  This kind of randomness requires a complete rewrite of how bot works in some places!  To make this work even more difficult, Randomizing some of the above variables is not really possible using AutoIt scripting language due single thread limitations.

I encourage entire community to think about what human like game playing really means, and hundreds of game processes where Bot detection could be added if SC devotes time and money to track bot like behaviors.  This new initiative is going to make bot life interesting in coming months. 

If you have code skills to help community create true human like code, then I look forward to seeing your MOD code posted.  If you are creating code make functions wacky random, then might as well stop as it will not help.

Thanks for reading my insanely long post & Bot ON!  :D

PS - This post is MY opinion, and may not represent opinion of entire development team.  Do not blame entire team for my bleak view for complexities of future bot life.

BOTTOMLINE:  If you are not willing to be punished for using a farm bot, then DO NOT USE IT!

• Upvote 20

First congratulations for the work, MBR is simply the best bot. I was thinking of an attack style in the MBR could run to help the human style of play, usually when you have a sink in a blind spot, usually use only one archer or minion when there mortar or cannon to alone destroy the collector, imagined to use a means of detecting bot defenses closer to the collector and detect whether alone throw one archer or minion to destroy the collector and the case did not have this possibility would attack normally. I'm not a programmer and do not know much about the MODs and imagine doing something like that would be too much work, I am suggesting a possible idea to deploy the troops. Sorry for my English (Brazil)

Understood, nice post @monkeyhunter and interesting to know you worked with Big Data.

In my opinion, humans are not random neither pseudo random, but we need to teach the bot what to do because depending on his lines of prog, he will do always everything in the same order, this is suspicious!

Agreed with u, bot needs some randomization not total randomization, but, in fact we need some randomizing because without it, bot will do the same order always

The personal gaming styles are in part chosen by the botters once they choice min/max on search etc

BUT there is not a definitive answer for everything, unfortunately, we really have cases on real players spending a lot of hours a day farming/pushing: in my case one day i spent something around 15-18 hours playing (that time the pbt was 6h, and i lost d shield 3 times) that time i pushed my th8 to champions 2 (took around 2 weeks).

Also just farming there are people who spend lots of hours daily on the game. So there are maybe thousands of gaming styles. 

Finally, in my modest opinion in these 2 cases

1- Bot does everything always at the same order

2- Bot does some randomizing to change some orders on idle, collecting, attacking just at some set hours a day

2 is better once the pattern the humans (looks like we are alien talking bout humans in third person hahahahaha) is attack on some exact hours a day

(when back from work, school, or at some hours that loot is better)

Sorry for the protracted answer

Regards

Bot at FULL POWERR!!

THX FOR THE WHOLE MBR DEVELOPERS / CODERS EXPERTS TEAM :) 

Adding just this: if SC is gonna use Big Date they are also gonna spend lots of $$$$$$$$ :/

Great post. Can so tell from reading that how damn intelligent you are and how well you know what you are talking about. Nice to have guys like you on this team.

Your comment

Hmm:  How long to wait for troop creation?
- Exact time required to create army?
- Wait till guard and/or shield expires?
- Wait random time?   I.E. random time normally controlled by real life 

Time Till Troops Cooked.png

Well the exact time to create an army or at least roughly in minute increments is in the top right corner of the Army Overview and therefore would require no great calculations by the bot. That mixed with your other suggesting of the 5 minute grace period and the time out is a brilliant idea as that is how lots of us play the game. There is no reason for the bot to check the army composition as regularly as it does in the current bot knowing the time info. Basically the timer could be set to to do nothing at all and time out or it could time out come back and donate or it could even just sit there and randomly touch. If the bot could switch between those sorts of things you would have the perfect cyborg ;) 

Another issue I see is making the bot have a sleep. :) When none of us are getting attacked at all it would be a piece of Big Data that would be easy to see. 

I will admit using the settings for smart attack on the red line and searching for the pumps etc does attack a lot like I do. Really interesting. And when people don't know this stuff then comments like ProMac's are well justified.

MyBot is one of the best pieces of scripting and front end design I've seen next to HyperSpin and RocketLaucher (yeah I'm an old school game geek) but bot aside you guys in the dev team etc are just amazing. Thanks just doesn't seem to express our thanks enough. You guys rock. Thanks for keeping us Botting.

1 hour ago, Illegal Command said:

Well the exact time to create an army or at least roughly in minute increments is in the top right corner of the Army Overview and therefore would require no great calculations by the bot. That mixed with your other suggesting of the 5 minute grace period and the time out is a brilliant idea as that is how lots of us play the game. There is no reason for the bot to check the army composition as regularly as it does in the current bot knowing the time info.

@Illegal Command Glad you like post.  Do not let me fool you.  I am surrounded by smart people in real life and on MBR development team, and when that happens; even a dummy like me can seem intelligent. :O 

Yes, we can teach OCR to read this data.  More data helps bot make more informed decisions. :)  

One debated topic for "logging off while training" is how to ensure you get CC troops while not online.  As I posted above, it is nuances in game data that help humans make decisions. 

Currently, bot does keep track of, nor read time remaining till next CC request.  So there is no method to ensure your CC is always requested when empty as I try to do when playing manually. 

By adding CC request timer data, then you also decide to stay online for a few extra minutes till CC requests is available, or return to game early when timer expires. :D 

Sorry to waste more bits with another example of considerations that MAY help bot behave more like a human from my warped mind.

Bot On! :rockon:

"Dummy" Lmao...  Yeah OK...  An idiot head of psychology department at uni tested me and use the word genius. I told him I thought he was an idiot for saying that. :)  there are all types of smart in the world.

CC troops should not be an issue. Basically even a Barch army is going to take 20 minutes and in a BOT clan your requests are filled in less than a minute anyway and if it isn't filled cause you are in a regular clan then it won't be filled any quicker by asking again. Most people I play with will just attack and drop the troops that might be in the CC just to get a few extra percent on a raid no matter how many are in it.  The timer for a CC request differs from perk to perk as well. So many variables to consider. :)  

One of the first things we need to start using is stop bot after X hrs option. Isnt it straihtforward - pull ppl who never get off line for 24/7. 

Also we need an option to just let it time out after an atk and log back in 10-20 min (random) 

• Upvote 1

LOL.png

That has to be Monkey's code? (not really an error I clicked on screen as it was opening - therefore user error)

Already mentioned the fact the bot has to have a sleep so totally agreed SithMaster. Some sorts of random time outs during the day are definitely human like but would be pretty hard to code. 

Doesn't stop me from botting though. :)

Oh and this was interesting

https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/supercell/

Edited by Illegal Command

Awesome, great post. You are always intelligent. (:

Sometime I think about a simple different between bot behavior and humans,  and that is different between sending

troops to raid,by too many clicks on less than 2-3 seconds (Bots) VS dragging fingers on screen (Humans).

Maybe dragging disadjust the others MyBot actions?!