[Guide] How to remove the "sponsored session" pop-up after teamviewing

Hey guys, I saw some people asking how to remove that annoying window that pops-up when you end a Team Viewer session (maybe you were baby-sitting your bot while away) and that could cause some errors while botting.

So, i found some different ways to remove that sponsored session window, the first one you see in the 1st spoiler "MODYIFING THE REGKEY" is the fastest and easiest one but it won't work all the times, so i don't reccomend it at all.

The 2nd way you will find in the second spoiler "MODIFYING A FILE IN THE TW DIRECTORY" is easy too and should work better than the first one.

Now let me take more time to talk you about the 3rd way: using a AutoIt script (if you never heard about autoit or .au3 files probably you aren't using the bot :lol: ). Ok so after some reseraches i found a way to code a basic and really basic script that detects when the "Sponsored Session" window pops-up and closes it by entering the Enter key which will be focused on the exit button of the pop-up.

The best thing i was thinking about while doing this script was that, being it a .au3 file, it could be integrated in the bot as a function (something like the function that reconnects you when "another device" wait: 120 sec, you can find it in the Misc tab of the bot). Actually i don't really know how to implement this, so i will call out the developers and coders of this fantastic bot, maybe if they like the idea they could try this out, let's see, for now i will just post the code of the script :)

1st WAY

All we need to do is to modify a reg key in the Windows Registry.

1) First of all go to Start and serach for "regedit"

EIY1d0p.png

2) Go on the first section \HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\

UwKz36Z.png

3) Go trough \HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TeamViewerSession\shell\open\command

9fC1qwa.png

3) Right click on Default in right window & select 'Modify'. Delete the text in the 'Value data' box.

L5oncCD.png

4) Restart Team Viewer and try it yourself, it should work.

2nd WAY

For this way you need to go to your 'Users' path which should be "D:\Users\ACCOUNT\", when there you should see a folder called 'AppData', if you don't see it you need to get some privileges on your folder settings, to do that go over the "Organize" tab and click on "Folder and serach options", when there click on the "view" tab and scroll down as far as you see a sub-folder called "Hidden files and folders" and check the "Show hidden files, folders, or drivers" ring.

TV2LM57.png

w2VS4E7.png

After gaining access to the appdata folder go over \Local\Temp\TeamViewer, there open the file called "7" with Notepad or any other text editor and delete all the text in that file replacing it with this:

window.close()

After doing that, just save the file and you're ready to go!

3rd WAY

https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/

Ok, for this part you will need a program called "AutoIt" you can find it here ->

After installing autoit, go to Desktop -> Right Click anywhere -> New -> AutoIt v3 Script file and rename it as you want

Done that double click on it and you should be in front of a new project window.

Then, below the text that says "; Script starts, add you code below there" put this code:

while True
  $tvHandle = WinWait("Sponsored session")         ;check if there is any sponsored session window
  if Not ($tvHandle = 0) Then
     WinActivate ("Sponsored session")          ;if there is none it activates the window
     sleep(20)                           ;some delay to prevent errors or something like that
     Send("{Enter}")                        ;it closes the window eZ
  EndIf
WEnd
Local $tvHandle = 0

1okSMy5.png

After putting the code you can save the script and if you want compile it to an exe to use when you need to.

I hope you enjoy this little but in my opinion useful tutorial :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys, I saw some people asking how to remove that annoying window that pops-up when you end a Team Viewer session (maybe you were baby-sitting your bot while away) and that could cause some errors

• mistical changed the title to [Guide] How to remove the "sponsored session" pop-up after teamviewing