What is a VPS?
A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting service. A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and customers have superuser-level access to that operating system instance, so they can install almost any software that runs on that OS - Wikipedia
Where do I get a VPS?
There are free or 'free trial' VPS and there are paid VPS listed below. Free or 'free trial' VPS do not last long and performance may degrade over time due to abusive usage and overcrowding. Paid VPS lasts as long as you need based on a number of credits you purchase or the term of your lease i.e. monthly, quarterly, etc. Paid VPS performance is generally more stable, however, that will also depend on how the VPS is managed by the provider.
Why do I need a VPS?
Most common reason is you want to run your bot 24/7. You want to run multiple bots on multiple CoC accounts. You do not have a powerful PC to run virtualization i.e. VMWare or Hyper-V. Other reasons like you do not want to short-lived your laptop running 24/7, you want to avoid paying a hefty electricity bill, you cannot stand the humming sound of your PC running all night.
How do I use a VPS?
There are How-to guides written on how you can setup a VPS on some of the providers listed below. These how-to guides can be a bit too technical and if you do not feel comfortable setting up a VPS on your own, I suggest that you go for the 'Clash of Clans Bot ready' VPS listed below.
List of VPS providers giving free trial:
Choose VPS specification with these minimum requirements: 2 Cores 2Gb Ram
The big boys:
1. Amazon Web Services - EC2 (free for 12 months but 750hours/month limit) - free tier t2.micro (1core 1Gb ram) too slow to run CGB.
2. Microsoft Azure - Virtual Machines (free $200 for 1-month trial) - user reported graphic card issue with Azure VM.
3. Google Cloud - Compute Engine (free $300 for 60 days trial) How to guide
4.HP Helion - Cloud Compute (free $300 for 90 days trial) How-to guide No longer available!
1. Rackspace - https://developer.rackspace.com/ (free $600 for 12 months!)
2. DimensionData Public Cloud - https://cloud.dimensiondata.com/ap/en/limitedoffer/ (free $100) How-to guide
3. RunAbove - Intel Steadfast instances https://www.runabove.com (free 1-week trial) No longer available!
1. Vultr - https://www.vultr.com/coupons/?refid=6841876 (free $50 for 2 months trial) How-to guide
2. https://www.profitbricks.com/trial (free for 14 days) - no credit card needed but you need a business email and reason for using their VPS??!!
3. http://cloudsigma.com/ (free for 7 days) - no credit card needed!
4. Digital Ocean - www.digitalocean.com - free $10 credit with promo code: DROPLET10 or DO10 - No Windows provided! More info here
5. http://ezywatch.com/freevps/ (free for 1 month) - no credit card needed!
6. Legionhoster - VPS http://legionhoster.com (1week trial available on request from helpdesk - just mentioned CGB/MyBot!)
7. http://www.yellowcircle.net/ - no credit card needed! No network access was given!
8. https://www.ctl.io/free-trial/ (free $2500 or 1 month - whichever comes first) How-to guide
9. https://www.ihor.ru/ (free for 3 days) - no credit card needed!
10. http://www.neuprime.com/l_vds3.php (free for 10 days trial) - phone verification required.
No free trial but worth mentioning:
1. Ramnode - KVM-SSD http://ramnode.com/vps.php (affordable pricing)
2. OVH - Classic VPS http://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-classic.xml (Do not support Bluestacks!)
5. https://irie-server.de/hosting/kvm-server/ (Do not support Bluestacks!)
6. http://winode.org/cart.php (Do not support Bluestacks!)
7. https://verelox.com/cloud/ (affordable pricing)
8. http://a.seoclerks.com/linkin/385680/vps-webhosting/391373/VPS-24-7-CoC-bot-service (affordable pricing + CoC Bot ready VPS!) How-to guide
9. http://www.nodevps.net/ (affordable pricing)
10. http://ksolnet.com/ks/link.php?id=1 (affordable pricing + 'Instant' CoC Bot ready VPS!) How-to guide
- Recommended for MyBot!
*** Security Tips - safeguarding your Google Account when botting on VPS - enable 2-Step Verification How-to guide ***